I Say, I Say, I Say Boy...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just finished hosting a 4-day open-house for IAP members. Between Wednesday past and Today (Saturday), there were 13 IAP members that rotated through my basement, made a mess, turned, casted, etc... Then cleaned up their mess (My basement looks cleaner that when we started!).

Several demos, wonderful combination of experienced turners and intermediate turners. No true Newbies, but we all benefited from the discussion and comparison of different ways to get to the same end point. Many debates and disagreements, many lessons taught and learned. A great few days with memories that are cherished (What happens in Medina, stays in Medina) :).

The first picture is a sampling (not all) of the product of our efforts. The second is my personal favorite of a blank that dalecamino (Chuck Hutchings) cast for me. It has personal significance to me, and as I usually work with small bits of wood, I don't turn much acrylics. Gratefully, I was able to turn it and finish it in acceptable fashion and it holds special significance to me and "Quatro Jinetes."

More pictures will get posted tomorrow.

Chuck - Thank You! "I Say, I Say, I Say... This is very special to me Boy!"

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 324
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Your pen turned out great Mark! I have to give MRDucks credit for the casting. Thank you Mike! :biggrin:

The segmented blanks are awesome, and I hope to make a couple of nice pens with them. After I get the junk out of the shed.

Top Bottom