I said I wouldn't BUT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitshird

I got bored today and with nothing but a few silly slimlines and some more cold shop PR I decided that due to cost savings, I could turn Acrylics/PR in slimlines I'm really starting to have fun casting and turning this stinky stuff.
12-30-PR-1.jpg

Black and pearl with white acrylic centerband

12-30-PR-2.jpg

Peculiar mix of copper, violet and macro pearl and a weird turning it's fun to experiment,

12 30 PR 3.jpg

A Silver pearl EX with Macro Pearl highlights and cast ribbons

all 3 were wet sanded to 1500 and then buffed with ZAM then cleaned and waxed with Renwax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Thanks Dawn, I really enjoy working with resin, it stinks but it's so cool to watch what develops while you turn it, I hope some day I can get close to the Ed Brown, Don Ward and Curtis levels I have learned so much reading their posts and Tutorials,[:I]

jhs494

Very nice pens. I really like the black and pearl with white acrylic center band. It shows great use of not only your own PR but nice use of a slim.

bitshird

It's so easy to make a center band, then you have the freedom to make the pen any size you wish, the pinch waists are fun but get monotonus after a while,

waterboy

Ken,

Very nice looking pens. I especially like the 3rd one, "Silver pearl EX". Who sells that particular kit?

Thanks,

Ed- Portland, OR

toolcrazy

Originally posted by waterboy
<br />Ken,

Very nice looking pens. I especially like the 3rd one, "Silver pearl EX". Who sells that particular kit?

Thanks,

Ed- Portland, OR

I believe that is a fancy slim for Woods and Whimsies. I think you can get it at PSI, also.

Very nice pens Ken. I don't like the smell of PR so I can't bring myself to cast in a closed shop. Or is it, I can't bring myself to work in a 40 degree shop. Hummmm.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ken,

All three are nicely executed.

A word of warning, in my experience, PR does not "bounce" well. I have not used it for real thin pens (thin material) because it will crack if dropped. Then, the whole piece will fall off eventually.

You can certainly say the slimline is no thinner than a baron, which I HAVE made. However, a baron costs more and gets better treatment (I believe). Won't drop out of someone's pocket as readily. AND, I have replaced two barons that have had this happen. I have enough margin in barons that replacement is possible - slimlines (at MY $17 price point) I don't want to replace!!!

Just a word of warning, since you were kind enough to flatter me!!!

Oh, I use mostly the Jr. Gent now, since it leaves a little more material than the Baron. (Don't know if I will be seeing any of these returned, or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom