I never would have thought

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carole in VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole in VA

that Crepe Myrtle was good for anything but it's beautiful flowers? I tried a pen out of a little piece of it and I am sure developing a new appreciation for woods I never really thought about using for anything before I got this lathe!

2004121818826_crepemyrtle_opt.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Carole, I am amazed !! A very short time turning, and you are producing excellent work.

I bet you no longer think of small pieces of wood as scrap.

Gregory Huey

Nice job Carole,Isnt it funny how you look at a tree now and see something special in just that right branch or crotch. The saw mill just sees boards. We see this beautiful finished turning. My dog also likes trees I wonder what he sees? hummm

Carole in VA

Originally posted by Gregory Huey
<br />Isnt it funny how you look at a tree now and see something special in just that right branch or crotch. The saw mill just sees boards. We see this beautiful finished turning. My dog also likes trees I wonder what he sees? hummm
So True, Gregory. I would still rather see a tree healthy and growing instead of as a chunk of wood on my lathe, but if it is already down, at leat maybe I can give it's remains new life. My dog is only interested in the squirrels that are in the trees...maybe because she is female?[:D]

wpenm

Carole, very nice pen. I think we all look at every piece of wood and find beauty in it. I find myself looking through every fire wood pile and finding great pieces. Every time I see a limb down, I wonder how many pens could I make out of that!
Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom