I need your opinions -- Yea or Nay!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Does this design have any merit in your opinion?

• Yea

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • So So

Votes: 30 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm not asking for your comments. Just an honest opinion in the poll whether the design in this Sedona RB has any merit or not.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

It wasn't my intent to make the poll public, so never fear I won't be looking to see how you voted!

Attachments

• 295 002 (Small).jpg
    295 002 (Small).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 482
  • 295 005 (Small).jpg
    295 005 (Small).jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bad

Hi Mac. How's it going? I haven't talked to you in a while. That pen wasn't made out of an old table leg was it? :)
I voted yea on this too. I like it. I also agree with hewunch that it might be a little nicer with the knot on top. But that's just my opinion. It's still way better than I can do.

omb76

You did a great job turning and finsihing it. Just think that the knot should be on the cap and the barrel left plain. Just my humble opinion. :)

leehljp

Member Liaison
Reversed blanks might look better.

This is an issue that I have been struggling with for a long time. While I think the main design/segment should be on the pen barrel, it usually looks a little awkward when capped. It often looks less awkward with the main design on the cap in the upright position, but not always.

jttheclockman

Hi Mac

Sorry I voted Nay. Too much happening . I too would have knot on top and plain on bottom. If you want the horizontal strips,. put them on the ends of the cap. Nice job with the knot as usual.

Mac what is the outer band on the knot??? Is this a pickguard material??? Or is that just a glue line??? Thanks for showing.

Last edited:

Emaxx3

Love the copper accent... very subtle. Not a huge an of the horizontal lines in the top. Knot is beautiful though.

JP

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Mac

Sorry I voted Nay. Too much happening . I too would have knot on top and plain on bottom. If you want the horizontal strips,. put them on the ends of the cap. Nice job with the knot as usual.

Mac what is the outer band on the knot???
Hi John;It's a strip of copper sheeting .0050" th. that I cut from a large roll. It comes in 12" widths X 10' long. I used it in copper tooling many years ago.

VisExp

Mack, your work is beautiful. I think the celtic knot could stand by itself. To my eye the knot and the horizontal stripes conflict with each other. As others have said, I also prefer the knot on the cap.

Bree

I vote no. I think it is too busy and the cap detracts from the body. Whether the cross is better on top or the bottom... matter of taste I suppose. I kind of like it big and bold where it is. But I would have rather seen the other tube being plain wood. As it is it tries to drain attention from what you really want them to see... the excellent Celtic Cross.

My $.02
:wink::wink::wink:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mack, your work is beautiful. I think the celtic knot could stand by itself. To my eye the knot and the horizontal stripes conflict with each other. As others have said, I also prefer the knot on the cap.

Once again, I agree with Keith.

But, I voted YES, because the pieces are all well done and I can visualize them with "plain" "other halves".

FWIW

Top Bottom