I Mess this One UP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Like I say,I mess this one, want to disemssable the top barrel and every thing come out including the tube, glue the tube back in and the CA set before the tube is in, so I cut the tube but didn't glue the off cut to the other side ( my mistake )so when I want to put the clip in, the blank crack :([xx(][xx(]

20058123324_mess%20up.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

What a Beautiful pen. You can take the top off and use CA to fill the void. May need to remove clip to re-finish. Even the pro glue-ups will fail if there is force applied. The Corian Adhesive is brittle, when healed. Probally like CA, Won't stand "Shear" force...

Love the laminations... I have more 1" glue-ups...[:)]

Darley

Yes I know that is a shame but I learn a lesson and promess I wont repeat it [:D]

Bill I got another blank on glur up so will turn a new one

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Hard lesson from a great looking pen. Are you going to try another repair?

Thanks every one

woodbutcher

Ya know Darley when I make a mistake like that it's like dominoes, one messleads to the next until the thing is basically destroyed. At least you can tell it's a pen. Mine resemble a train wreck. You do nice work, just go do some more. Sometimes the imperfection is needed to uncover the perfection. Good luck,

Jim [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom