I MADE A SLIMLINE !!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Butch thats really amazing! I'm impressed that you were able to get that to work with how little material is there at the nib end.

Congrats!

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . I found a slimline kit mixed in a box of parts while cleaning the shop last week and made the blanks on a lark . Then I screwed up my back again and have been laid up since friday . So last night I had enough of being in bed so I turned this pen , I'm paying for it now but I think it was worth it .

Dean , that was part of the reason I made it , to see just how thin I could turn these shell blanks without breaking through the resin .

Doc , the blanks are made of Paua Abalone shell . They are cut into thin strips and cast in PR .

jskeen

That is one slimline that even the folks at the flea market would cough up more than 15 or 20 bucks for :) Excellent demo pen. I sure hope after all that work it's a ti gold kit and not 24k :)

Penl8the

One of the classiest Slimlines I have ever seen. Crazy enough Slimline is one of my favourite kits.

Padre

Butch, is the pen faceted? When I look at the pictures sometimes it looks like it is faceted, and when I look again it looks smooth.

ldb2000

Again thanks everyone . This was a prototype pen so I don't think it's a Ti Gold kit , it might be but I don't think it is . I only used PSI slim kits so if the Gold wears off they will get it back under their "Lifetime" warrany . I like slimlines well enough but since I discovered how modifiable cigar kits are they have become my main kits to use , when I use a kit .
Mike , the title was because anytime I make a kit someone makes a remark about me using a kit and it's been years since I put a slimline in the SOYP forum . These might just become a regular for me , and they won't be selling for $15 , that's for sure .
Chip , the shell is in 3/16" strips so it looks faceted but it's cast in PR so the pen is round .

Top Bottom