I love the smell of Lignum Vitae in the morning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Or any other time for that matter. Pearl Silver Sierra that I almost left naked, but I decided to use Mylands three step, TSW, and Ren Wax. Wow, what was I waiting for!?! I'm talking about the TSW. I like this stuff!!!! And I LOVE Lignum Vitae. It polishes so well and it smells good to boot. :D I can't wait for this one to "green" back up.

200512642324_sierraSS_lignum_vitae.jpg

Thanks for taking time to give it a gander and feel free to hammer away.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I'm not that crazy about it Billy. Sorry! The finish isn't quite as sharp as I've come to expect from you. I wonder if that' a result of the humidity and temperature changes in your area over the last few days. LV usually polishes up shinier than that, so I'm wondering if it isn't the Myland's. I'm also not crazy about the kit choice with that wood. It's a little too yellow to go with a sliver-color (of course, that's a purely personal taste (or lack thereof in my case) issue and is only worth about as much as you paid for the opinion in the first place).

On the plus side, the fit looks to be just about dead on. And I agree, I LOVE the way LV smells! Somehow, even after vacuuming out my bandsaw, I still get that smell when I'm cutting stuff. If the bandsaw weren't so dangerous, I'd be tempted to let it keep running just to keep that smell in the air!

alamocdc

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />I'm not that crazy about it Billy. Sorry! The finish isn't quite as sharp as I've come to expect from you. I wonder if that' a result of the humidity and temperature changes in your area over the last few days. LV usually polishes up shinier than that, so I'm wondering if it isn't the Myland's. I'm also not crazy about the kit choice with that wood. It's a little too yellow to go with a sliver-color (of course, that's a purely personal taste (or lack thereof in my case) issue and is only worth about as much as you paid for the opinion in the first place).

On the plus side, the fit looks to be just about dead on. And I agree, I LOVE the way LV smells! Somehow, even after vacuuming out my bandsaw, I still get that smell when I'm cutting stuff. If the bandsaw weren't so dangerous, I'd be tempted to let it keep running just to keep that smell in the air!
Thanks, Jim, you'll just have to trust me on this one. [;)] It really isn't as dull as it appears. I put diffusers on my lights earlier to cut down on the glare. Perhaps that has something to do w/it. I also agree that the plating choice isn't all that great for the current color. I'm hoping that it will change back to green again like my others have. If and when that happens, I think it will look better... at least that was my logic for the choice. [?] Anyway, I took another pic to see if I could get a better shot depicting the true sheen of the finish, but it isn't that much better.

2005126547_sierraPS_LV2.jpg
<br />I may have to dump the diffusers.[;)]

Great looking pen Billy. Glad you enjoy it so much. I didn't realize that it would "green" up but that should make it a spectacular pen.

Dario

I too think it will look much better after it darkens...but it takes a while doesn't it?

I haven't made any pens out of LV yet...will have to try that on the piece I got from Larry.

alamocdc

Thanks, all! Bill, keep an eye open under the Penturning forum this evening. I'll post a Then & Now photo of the first RB I turned with it for comparison. Dario, I think Santa left some of this for you at my place by mistake so you'll have more than one to play with. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom