I love mystery wood!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

There was only one blank of this wood in a box of wood I got. I have no clue what it is. I just had a feeling that it was going to turn and look nice. Thought it would look good on a larger pen also so I chose this Classic Rollerball for it's mate. Lol

Attachments

• Rollerball 3.jpg
    Rollerball 3.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Rollerball 5.jpg
    Rollerball 5.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If it is in fact Fig, I'm one lucky guy. We just moved my in-laws to a retirement community and my father in law was a master when it came to wood creations. As we were packing everything I was asked to go into his shop and get all his stuff organized for the estate sale. I found a limb off a tree I couldn't ID so the next time I saw him I asked what it was and he told me it was a Fig limb from their Fig tree. Both ends waxed so hopefully not much checking. Now you have my hopes up!

greenacres2

If it is in fact Fig, I'm one lucky guy. We just moved my in-laws to a retirement community and my father in law was a master when it came to wood creations. As we were packing everything I was asked to go into his shop and get all his stuff organized for the estate sale. I found a limb off a tree I couldn't ID so the next time I saw him I asked what it was and he told me it was a Fig limb from their Fig tree. Both ends waxed so hopefully not much checking. Now you have my hopes up!

Yours may be beautiful--but mine was a weak joke, with FIG being an acronym for Found In Garage!! (or FIB--Found in Box). Hope i didn't get your hopes up in vain!! (i have some lilac branches i cut last year--another year and i'll get to see if it's as cool looking as i thought it might be as i cut it!!)
earl

Yours may be beautiful--but mine was a weak joke, with FIG being an acronym for Found In Garage!! (or FIB--Found in Box). Hope i didn't get your hopes up in vain!! (i have some lilac branches i cut last year--another year and i'll get to see if it's as cool looking as i thought it might be as i cut it!!)
earl

You got me on that one. I was a bit "foggy" yesterday after spending most of the day replacing the battery in the snow plow then plowing my road. Not fun, cold, wind blowing, drifts all over the place. I think I now know what a popsicle feels like.

Top Bottom