I love this Eye Candy!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from el_d

el_d

Last summer my kids and I went wood hunting and came across this little bush. We dug it up and let it dry till early January. Popoed it in the toaster oven for a bit and cast it in some Blue Alumilite. Should have used black and will on next one.

comments welcome....

Attachments

• BlueAgaritaSamus.jpg
    BlueAgaritaSamus.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 266
  • SideBlueAgaritaSamus.jpg
    SideBlueAgaritaSamus.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 192
  • CloseBlueAgaritaSamus.jpg
    CloseBlueAgaritaSamus.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 198
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Thanks Johnny.

Jerry Im not too sure what colors would go with the bright yellow wood, But if some one likes it they cant be wrong.

Looks like I need to try several other colors to see what colors match up well.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You got it Macho Man!! I love the bright yellow color. But a PIA to dig up with all the thorns on it.:wink:

Thorns, hell, at least you live where it is mostly dirt! Over here on this side of the highway, I get to deal with all kinds of rocks that are hidden inside the root ball. You don't know how many expensive bandsaw blades a completely trash everytime I cut up Agarita to make my "Texas Collection Worthless Wood"" blanks! I shoudl buy stock in Lenox! I trashed a $43 Diemaster 2 a month or so ago on the VERY FIRST cut!

el_d

Thorns, hell, at least you live where it is mostly dirt! Over here on this side of the highway, I get to deal with all kinds of rocks that are hidden inside the root ball. You don't know how many expensive bandsaw blades a completely trash everytime I cut up Agarita to make my "Texas Collection Worthless Wood"" blanks! I shoudl buy stock in Lenox! I trashed a $43 Diemaster 2 a month or so ago on the VERY FIRST cut!

I had to keep looking over my shoulder and run from a longhorn that thought I was carrying feed in my pockets.:wink:

It took a week to get the yellow color from the root off my hands.....:biggrin:

Thanks Charlie!

Last edited:

JohnU

I just wish I had roots in my neck of the woods that looked like that so I could ruin some of my blades. Beautiful!

cnirenberg

Lupe,
That pen came out fantastic. Looks like it was well worth the effort and trouble beteween the thorns, the bull and the yellow hands. Beautiful job.

Top Bottom