I love burls....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Decided to go through a box of burls that I have saved for special pens... found this piece of Redwood Lace Burl... picture shows two sides of the pen... a Jr Gent Platinum RB...
Filled a couple of voids by sanding in some thick CA, then recut with by skew in a scraping action.. sanded to 1200 grit then a couple of coats of CA sanded to 12000 and some plastic polish to remove the swirl marks... what looks like a dull area in the top photo is the picture...

200565174246_LaceRedwoodBurl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Fantastic pen Tom! Gotta love the burl!If I could make any pens I wanted without worrying what will sell the best, I'd make Barons/Jr Gents and Cigar pens all day long! Alas folks want a $24.95 slimline...lol

cjaussiepens

Nothing beats a wooden handturned pen, it leaves all the "plastic" for dead. The wood is outstanding and the work tops, this gives me a benchmark to aim at....... someday I hope to get there........ Regards ........Cj .........

Dario

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Thanks all
Mike that is from the box of wood I HIDE when you come over.. [}:)][}:)]

Tom,

Now...I don't feel as bad not sending you my best pieces [}:)] [:D] LOL

BTW, Great looking pen...as always :).

BigRob777

Tom,
Man, you're so cruel. I can't start turning pens until I get my mandrel, (by this weekend) and you have to go and post something this beautiful. [B)] Good work! Now I can almost taste the fun and I can't do anything about it. Thanks, BogBean for the trade. Now, I gotta post some koa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom