I know I say this a lot but, I love this pen!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

But then, shouldn't I say it a lot. I love all the pens I turn. Though, this one I love for how it turned out.

The kit is a Euro tactile black pen. The blank is Macassar Ebony. I sanded to 12,000 grit and finished with BLO only so as to retain a matte finish. No photo does this one justice. I think it's just plain cool!

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 404
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

One of the coolest Euro's I have seen! Great job on the matte finish, looks just right. I bet it feels pretty cool also

Old Lar

Vey nice pen. I have a customer that asked for a matte finish on a pen and I have been putting it off. Looks like its time. That is great!

bitshird

Looks like a keeper to me, I like the subtle matte black, kind of elegant compared to the same thing with a blistering hot CA finish, it would still look good, but not quite as elegant.

dmott

Ive heard that blo never really dries, just weeps. Ive heard tung oil is good but heard it still takes a few weeks to completely dry. Just what I heard.

MartinPens

I like an occasional matte finish pen - especially with the ebony and certain dark burls.
You might try this - finish it with CA like usual and then git it with some 0000 steel wool. That way it has a protective finish and it is a matte finish. Great job on the pen!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

yorkie

I like an occasional matte finish pen - especially with the ebony and certain dark burls.
You might try this - finish it with CA like usual and then git it with some 0000 steel wool. That way it has a protective finish and it is a matte finish. Great job on the pen!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Thanks, I like the idea of that.

Top Bottom