I just had to---Really

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Well after seeing Eagles cross inlays----hey if you think about it and work at it a little. The Blank is Amboyna from CSUSA---kit is a Sedona from BB---the nib is a solid Gold Nib From Mr. Turchetta. This Fountain pen also has a Stainless Steel Schmitt Pump.
The inlay is Real Ivory and Ebony----Price $250.00
Hope you enjoy

20061113202732_cross1.jpg

20061113202829_cross2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I like how it looks. I can't really tell because of the strange angle but is the cross off-axis? Could just be an optical illusion from the camera angle. And where do you get a stainless steel pump?

kenwc

Cross seems off angle to me too but I've not stood on my head yet to compensate for the camera angle. Great looking wood though.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Nice job, how long did it take you after you figured it out?
The actual mechanics, not the testing.
If you don't mind I'll stand it up.

200611132215_gary%20max.jpg
<br />

Gary Max

Gerry--- I bought mine from Anthony
I am only going to make 6 of these---each one will be different----the ivory will be the thing that sells the pens---you just can not beat Ivory white.
Skye ---before you break a seam---go ahead bash away.
Oh the pic---- it's just sitting on my front porch handrail. You kinda have to balance everything so it doesn't fall into the flower bed.

Skye

Originally posted by Gary Max
Skye ---before you break a seam---go ahead bash away.

You can take it as bashing or you can take it as helpful nits. If I were to pick the pen up, this is what would come to mind. If it comes to mine, it may come to the customer's. For $250, shouldent you know?

There's white specks all over it. This may be something coming off your hands after you finished it, but if it's under the CA, it's bad news. Maybe you could dust it and take another pic.

Where the blank meets the finial looks a hair overturned. That or the band is underturned. It also looks like there's a bit that didnt get a good sanding right at that seam.

The inlay looks crooked. There's also some area to the left and right of it where it looks like it was filled in.

The foot end looks like the blank may have gotten some chatter from the mill or maybe it wasnt trimmed square.

Just what I see, take it as you will.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Sorry guys, I did not mean to just drop the pic and run. My baby girl was sitting in my lap and giving me hell when trying to post the pic! Anyway, I straightened the pic up and reposted. Hopefully Gary won't mind. It does look off in the pic but I am sure it is either intended that way or it is an optical illusion. Either way, it is a very nice pen.

Hi Gary,

I think you have assembled a lot of quality elements here, but for me the kit is the problem, I don't like the design elements in this kit. I think it's hard to pull off what you are trying to do here when, for me, the kit just doesn't <b>Feel</b> right.

Gary Max

Eric ---I will not give the pen a title---let the buyer do that part.
Jim ---the kit doesn't do it for me either---but that's what I have.

Charles

I have to say the kit bothers me. Also the angle at which the inlay is bothers me. But, it must be difficult or others would be doing more inlays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom