I Joined the Mickey Miuse Club

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jimm1

jimm1

Watch-parts pen. Found this watch in a suitcase that my great aunt gave almost 40 years ago. Thought it only had doll house furniture in it. Also in the case was some really old model train cars.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Great find and a super job on the cast and turning!

I agree with John regarding watch hands. I won't buy a watch parts blank without hands.

jimm1

Nice watch. Some of those older Mickey Mouse watches with the red hands command a fair $$$. Glad you included the hands as the watches I believe all needs hands when cast like this. Thanks for showing.

Some interesting reading

The Mickey Mouse Watch-A Quick History…

I brought the watch to 3 different jewelers with the hopes of getting it fixed. The manufacturer was Bradley and I know it could have been worth a lot. All the jeweler said the same, no repairable. Bummer.
I had help with the casting from Harry Matthew.

jttheclockman

Nice watch. Some of those older Mickey Mouse watches with the red hands command a fair $$$. Glad you included the hands as the watches I believe all needs hands when cast like this. Thanks for showing.

Some interesting reading

The Mickey Mouse Watch-A Quick History…

I brought the watch to 3 different jewelers with the hopes of getting it fixed. The manufacturer was Bradley and I know it could have been worth a lot. All the jeweler said the same, no repairable. Bummer.
I had help with the casting from Harry Matthew.

Its a windup watch. Has to be repairable. The battery ones are not repairable.

Rockytime

I had help with the casting from Harry Matthew.[/quote]

All watches and clocks can be repaired unless they are to badly damaged physically. Because they were cheaply made most watch repairers won't do those repairs because they take more time than they are able to get paid for.

Top Bottom