I was inspired

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

I have been playing with pinstripes lately and thought I would try take it up a notch. This is a slimline pro in black TI with a 360 degree six sided pattern in Padouk with maple and ebony darts. Next time I will use compressed air instead of acetone to clean the blank. All comments appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Padouk feathers.JPG
    Padouk feathers.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 464
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

It is super stunning and beautiful with great seamwork, finish and photography. Very well done!

I assume that you do realize the padouk will turn a very ugly bland brown color in a relatively short period of time. I hate padouk with it's staining dust and quick color change. Bloodwood would be a great alternative and even though Bloodwood will still have some dust that can stain your maple if you are not careful, it's not nearly so bad and the color will maintain it's richness.

Last edited:
This is my second "proof of concept" pen. The idea started with my PITH pen. I'll be starting to build the steps so it can be photographed at every step of the process. Yes I can show how to do it at the local meeting in October. Sorry shameless plug for our upcoming meeting :biggrin: I may need some help putting it together for the library. I'm glad you people like it.

Top Bottom