I hope the lady likes pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Couple of days ago, a lady made me an kind offer I couldn't refuse:biggrin:
No, no, no, not like that !!!!!!:eek::biggrin:
This will be for her once I get her address. The flower doohicky on the end is one that I got in my first IAP BB as a prize from YoYoSpin:biggrin:
The black and pink PR is from Dawn of course. The s/steel band in the middle is actually an Oops:redface: Band
I like it, and hope she does too:biggrin:

Attachments

• PinkDoohickey1.jpg
    PinkDoohickey1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 232
  • PinkDoohickey2.jpg
    PinkDoohickey2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 426
  • PinkDoohickey3.jpg
    PinkDoohickey3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

Very Nice. I'm with jim on this. i'm getting a complex on my own work. i guess i'm going to have to get more creative with my pens.. this one is a beaut.

jttheclockman

Very well done. All aspects of the pen. Is that a kit or your work??? How did you marry the doohickey to the blank??? Thanks for showing.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You always were a sucker for a pretty woman. Now she'll be a pretty woman with a pretty pen. Be careful else the Mrs may whack you over the head with one of your heavyweight ss rods. Don't be a tiger.

cnirenberg

Be careful else the Mrs may whack you over the head with one of your heavyweight ss rods. Don't be a tiger.

Funny. Listen here Steve, ya think you are at the top of your game, all things are sweet and Bam. Front page baby. Sorry for the intervention. The pen is top notch, fantastic workmanship.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very well done. All aspects of the pen. Is that a kit or your work??? How did you marry the doohickey to the blank??? Thanks for showing.

Thanks all.:biggrin:

John, this is a relatively cheap UK kit from Axminster, but wasn't what I had in mind when I started. The doohicky's come round, so I just stuck it on the end of a piece af black pr. Then I used Andy Kirkham' s (UKpenmaker) method of wavey segmenting ( his tutorial in the library shows doing the cuts twice but I did it only once )
I cleaned up the bandsaw cuts with my drum sander and CA'd the bits together.
Because I didn't have any more good capped pens that I could make closed ended, I had to use this kit. Of course, I now had the two blanks and one tube so made the s/steel cb.:wink:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 119
Top Bottom