I hit the mother load

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from emtmike

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

I found a guy who runs a hunting adventure camp. It’s a place where he rises deer then some rich business guy pays him to lead him and his buddies on a hunt. Not sure if I agree with the “shooting fish in a barrel†way of hunting but that’s another topic. Anyways they cut the antler off the deer in the fall and he sells them. I made an agreement with him to make him some pens for all the antler I want. Here is what I have done so far.

2007105213549_New%20pen1.jpg

200710521377_new%20pen%202.jpg

2007105213726_new%20pen%203.jpg

2007105213738_new%20pen%204.jpg

2007105213759_new%20pen%205.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Managed deer herds on large property for hunting is not unsporting. It is a way to provide hunts, help local economys, and often protect species that may be decreasing in numbers in the wild. Shooting animals in small, confined, areas is another matter and I would agree that is not sporting.
That said, nice contact and beautiful pens. Do you have only whitetail deer antler or do you have other species also? e.g. axis

JimBobTucson

Very Nice... I like the one with the cartridge the best. I just done a very similar one myself, but I had trouble getting everything lined up correctly. It looks like you did not have any such problems. How did you achieve it?

PM sent with a pic of my attempt and a question about your source.

emtmike

Let me add this. This camp is on 1000 acres of land. He is very much into land and game preservation. He is very strict on the rules of the camp and will turn people away. He also told us that now everybody goes home with a deer. I should not have given the “shooting fish in a barrel†analogy. It may have given the wrong impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom