I have gotta get taps and dies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I am slowly working my way into taking on the kitless world. THis is my 2nd double closed end pen 1st clipless. This is a blank I cast(actually 2) and the pen I planned on making from it before I cast it. All in all I am pleased with it except for 1 little detail(you will see it if you look). I used a Jr gent I kit as that is what I have. Any and all comments welcome and needed. Thanks Phil
closedend010.jpg

closedend011.jpg

closedend012.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I like the simple gold accent band. The pen looks good. Your white balance is off in your camera. You might want to change it or use software to correct it. Nice smoke ring

76winger

I would agree on the need to get your white balance set correctly for the source lighting. Also increasing the depth of field by going to a higher number for your aperture setting and putting the camera on a tripod so the resulting slower shutter speed won't end up causing a blurry result due to movement.

But as far as I can tell, the pen is just awesome!

firewhatfire

first off thanks for looking and commenting.

Did you just call me some dirty words:question:? NAH JUST KIDDING. I know my picture taking is terrible. I guess I am gonna have to break down and buy me one of those little tent thingys and a tripod. Then I gotta learn whatever it is yall said was off with my camera and fix it.

I would agree on the need to get your white balance set correctly for the source lighting. Also increasing the depth of field by going to a higher number for your aperture setting and putting the camera on a tripod so the resulting slower shutter speed won't end up causing a blurry result due to movement.

But as far as I can tell, the pen is just awesome!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THe white balance is the setting that usually shows a sun or a cloud or differnt type lights. Yours is not set for the type of light your in. You can get a tent and all that other stuff, it wont hurt, but just adjusting your white balance or download "Picasa"
for free and run it through the program. It has auto adjust to take care of such things. Its pretty easy to use.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
quick and dirty auto color in picassa

Attachments

• closedend010.jpg
    closedend010.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 104
  • closedend011.jpg
    closedend011.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 108
  • closedend012.jpg
    closedend012.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

firewhatfire

Thanks,

I will give that a try and see if that helps my semi-abilities:biggrin: maybe the next few will show improvement. Y'all are gonna mess around and teach me something if I keep hanging around here. Of course you may need a :hammer: to get it to stay in there.

THe white balance is the setting that usually shows a sun or a cloud or differnt type lights. Yours is not set for the type of light your in. You can get a tent and all that other stuff, it wont hurt, but just adjusting your white balance or download "Picasa"
for free and run it through the program. It has auto adjust to take care of such things. Its pretty easy to use.

Top Bottom