I Have The Advantage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

I read a discussion about camo blanks the other day and someone mentioned cutting up an arrow and casting it. I have been wanting to do that for months now and yesterday, a co-worker brought me in 4 aluninium arrows in "Advantage" camo color. I powder coated some 308 shell casings and cast the arrow segments in clear aluminalite in Londons resin saver mold. The ID of the arrow was a little biger then the OD of the brass tube so I added a little heat shrink tubing. I should be able to get six or seven pens from each arrow shaft. I think I'll give one to the guy that supplied me with the arrows.

arrow-15_editedMedium.jpg

arrow-16_editedMedium.jpg

arrow-19_editedMedium.jpg

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Now that is one good looking pen, I mean pens. I really like the powder coating that made the bullets black.

Karin Voorhis

Great work! really cool! These resinsaver molds of charlies are really helping to pick up the pace on everyone's casting! Love it. also nice job on the powder coating I like that look.

workinforwood

They look really good. I like the flat dark coating on the bullets, and the arrow shaft not only looks and goes together well, but it also adds to the theme. You are welcome for that idea...can't wait for my idea payment pen to arrive!:biggrin:

Top Bottom