I have to admit.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mach9

mach9

.......after a side by side comparison, that the CA finish is superior to my old friction polish finish. I still didn't believe it until I did two cigar pens with Buckeye Burl from Woodturningz. Did one the old way, and one with a CA finish. I've finally come up with a finishing procedure that works well for me. I'll let you guess which pen is finished with CA. Also, feel free to critique my photo. I just built a light box, but it needs some fine tuning. Thanks.

IMG_1527.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice job...
I'm guessing the ca is on the right.

If your happy now, use both for a couple of weeks.... Then you'll definitely be happier with the ca.

Andrew Arndts

well perhaps I need a better monitor screen or I should clean it... But both are valid to be sold. one is a Matte finish and the other is glossy. I like gloss finish just as much as everyone else, but I have had some clients that like the Matte. so don't give up the "Old ways" it is just another finish in your arsenal of creativity.

ldb2000

They both look very good , your fit and shape are good , the CA finish looks great . If you want to see which finish to use , just put the pens in your pocket on a hot sweaty day and see which one still looks good at the end of the day . Then decide if you still want to put the friction finish on your pens . The photos look good too .

Sylvanite

If you want to see which finish to use , just put the pens in your pocket on a hot sweaty day and see which one still looks good at the end of the day.
I'm with Butch. The real difference is durability. You can increase the shine of the friction polish pen by buffing it. You can degloss the CA finish with 0000 steel wool.

Regards,
Eric

gwilki

Both are very fine. I would "satinize" the CA finish for my taste. That way, I would get both the look and the durability that I like. Just my taste, though.

Rfturner

good job on both, CA all the way for me too I learned the hard way after about 100 pens with friction polish. about that time I found IAP and then found out about CA keep up the good work

Top Bottom