I hate Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ilikewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikewood

This was the worst Cocobolo I have ever turned...so curly that it was like cutting endgrain the whole time. Sorry about the picts...couln't get the lighting right.

Europeans - Nickel and Platinum

200622255610_P1010041.jpg

Slimlines - one with an ebony centerband

200622255654_P1010043.jpg

Cocobolo something??? with a hickory centerband...had way too many energy drinks to make something like this after work.

20062225582_P1010055.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Those are really nice cocobolo especially the 2 top ones.

I'm with JimGo on this one...will surely love to help you out [:D][}:)]

Ron Mc

It's time to start digging through my Cocobolo stash and hope that there is some like these! Great pens.

ilikewood

I will be getting "Rid" of some of this Cocobolo this weekend. I'll put it down in the Individual Classifieds. I don't come across the curly stuff that often. It turns beautiful pens, but you definitely need some seriously sharp tools.

When I get my Cocobolo, it is very dark and oxidized and you can't see the grain. I look for the boards that are all chewed up from the planers. That is a quick indication that the grain is every which way and usually has curl. You really don't find out though until you cut it open. (HEY...I'm giving away my secrets....I'm going to shut up now)[;)]

Dario

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />I think in your case Dario, it would just need to be called "Wood Anonymous" [:D]

[B)] I am afraid you are right. [V]

Can't seem to stop. Just when I thought I have enough, guys here inroduce new ones that I just have to try. [:D][V]

That said, cocobolo IS one of my favorites [:p]

What's your old byline again Kevin? Was it, "It's all your fault!" ?

JimGo

Originally posted by ilikewood
BTW- What the heck were you doing up in the middle of the night last night?
Alex wouldn't let me go to bed! [xx(] Acutally, I was about to walk away from the computer when I saw your subject line, and saw who had posted it, so I HAD to take a look. Plus, I wanted to be sure to get "dibs" on any of your Cocobolo if you were serious! [:D]

Ryan

Once again All Hale King COCO!!

These are some great pens Bill. It is good to see your are getting some shop time again.

Ryan

stevenD

I'm repling for my husband, the pen turner; Unfortunately, he breaks out in a red rash everytime he gets near Cocobolo!! so, he'll have our son-in-law turn Cocobolo when we're low in stock...
Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom