I had to do SomeThing.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

Since I have a lathe that is technically mine I figured I should do a little something with it ... I also thought I might share ... here are a couple of Sierra's All dressed up and ready to visit DC.

(Both of these came from Nolan's wood out of the Secret Santa Box this winter! I love that!!!)
Let me know what you think .. Honest feedback is appreciated. MRS.

This is Yellow Box Burl
200874164940_classyyellowbox.jpg

This is Rosewood Burl with Sap

200874165210_Insane.jpg

Thanks for looking, Mrs. [:X]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Russianwolf

Think the bottom one is mislabled. That's Rosewood Burl I'm pretty sure.

Great looking pens, and Nolan provides great wood as always.

You are quite correct. Thanks for catching my goof. I tried to do this in a hurry and I CONSTANTLY want to cross those two because they just don't make a darn bit of sense. Rosewood is heavy and dense and Redwood is light as a feather. Go figure.

Yes. Nolan has the most awesome Aussie wood there is as far as I am concerned. I haven't ever had any complaints and the pens always come out gorgeous as long as I don't blow them off the tubes. ;)

bitshird

I really like that Yellow Box Burl, the Rosewood Burl is also nice both are turned great and your finish looks pretty deep, but that Yellow Box Burl really intrigues me, [:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

VisExp

Nice looking pens Linda. You really nailed the shape on the Rowewood Burl. Just the right amount of bulge and it follows the curve from the lower barrell. Very nice. I struggle to achieve that, normally ending up with not enough curve.

IPD_Mrs

Thank you all for your compliments and critiques. Your opinions are all important to me and I normally wouldn't put up a pen or two without returning far more frequently to respond. I hope you all can understand ... Eagle was a very dear friend and I am still tremendously stunned.
Mrs. [:X]

Top Bottom