I got a piece of yew !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This pen was ordered for a Fathers day gift . So I picked out a nice Yew blank . It has to be engraved yet . But I liked the figure in the grain , and thought the light color would accommidate the engraving . Comments welcomed !

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 334
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
This pen was ordered for a Fathers day gift . So I picked out a nice Yew blank . It has to be engraved yet . But I liked the figure in the grain , and thought the light color would accommidate the engraving . Comments welcomed !

Nice pen!!

BTW, as per the title of the post, I hope the two of you will be very happy. :eek::tongue::eek:

Rollerbob

Now chuck, that is a nice pen. The blank and kit were made for each other. Very nice finish as well...........................way to go, YEW DOG!!(Sorry I tried not to make a joke, but dang yew were just asking for it!!)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
man, i thought it was gonna be a bog yew pen, did you ever turn any of them

No Keith , I'm not sure that I've even seen Bog Yew . I have seen Bog Oak , but haven't turned any of them either . AND , I'm not sure where this Yew comes from . The blank doesn't say . If you have some you like for me to try , send it to me !!! :biggrin:

jkeithrussell

I have to be true
and say that I knew
that a pen made from yew
if turned with a skew
no one could ever out-do.

I hope posting this ditty isn't a snafu.

keithkarl2007

No Keith , I'm not sure that I've even seen Bog Yew . I have seen Bog Oak , but haven't turned any of them either . AND , I'm not sure where this Yew comes from . The blank doesn't say . If you have some you like for me to try , send it to me !!! :biggrin:

I sent some bog yew in that last trade we did, there should have been 2 or 4 dark purple blanks

Top Bottom