I got a head start

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

On the next Ugly Pen contest...

It didn't intentionally start out to be an ugly pen, but this experiment didn't work so well. I think it could be better if the segments were in different proportions (both black segments should be shorter), but even then...

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kirkfranks

Barry,
I think that the one on the bottom of the pen is OK. What throws it off to my eye is the one on the cap. If the black wood was larger diameter than the brown wood (like on the other end) then it would be ok.
Your idea of smaller segments may help too.
Keep trying:)

Ligget

Barry don`t beat yourself up over it, it`s not that bad at all.

I hear and agree with you about the proportions, but at least you are trying new things, keep up the good work with the experimenting![:p]

LEAP

It looks like a prototype of what will eventually be a beautiful pen. I've got a box of "experiments" in the shop that I will revisit at some point. Most don't look any where near as good as your pen.

aurrida

does it write ok? hows the balance? :D on a positive note the black and brown are working well together.

GoodTurns

it's an Anti-IKEA pen...some dis-assembly required;).

The colors are good and there may be an idea in there somewhere, you just have to keep digging!

broitblat

I haven't completely given up on the *concept*, but I knew well before I put this one together that it would end up disassembled. Oh, well -- I get the pleasure of turning two (or more :)) pens for the cost of one kit.

-Barry

Top Bottom