I got carried away

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Great web site. First time posting. My wife wanted a perfume pen she saw at a store and I told her I'd make her ONE. I kind of got carried away.All are local hardwoods that I have collected lately. Curious do these things sell well? I have got to get rid of them.

Image Insert:
20048901938_20%20perfume%20pens.jpg

46.52KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robin

Thanks for the comments. Jay, the center 4 are flame box elder cut across the grain, I came across a 18" diameter tree that had recently died. The trunk was full of the red you see.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Nice stuff... I just got 10 kits from Ryan at Woodturningz along with some pink ivory he had on sale.. real nice stuff even the B grade (I got both A & B grades)...
Two of my wife's friends are Mary Kay distributors and I am going to make them each a pink ivory perfume pen... hopefully will get a bunch of orders from them...
Also going to put some of them in my wife's cousin's beauty shop... Got to do the marketing thing and see if it works.. LOL
If you have never bought from Woodturningz, , they are worth it, tell them Tom Mullane sent you..
I am not in any way employed or compensated by Ryan at Woodturningz, I just really like their pricing and service... they are real nice people...

Daniel

Robin,
I had a half dozen or so of these for nearly a year. I had priced them at $24.95 and sold only one. I got an e-mail from anouther turner telling me to price them no less than $39.95. I changed the price and sold every one of them at the next craft show I did.
What i wnat to know is how you ended up with 21 of them. 20 makes since, but that extra one. I just gotta know the story behind that extra one [:)]

Robin

Daniel,
Actually there are about 26 that I still have, the 21 is just what I laid out for the photo.I have given 4 away so i started out with 30. I was thiking $18-20.00 apiece, you said $39.95,I need to find a show like that to do.
Robin

Daniel

Robin,
What is even stranger about them selling at the higher price is that this was also at a free show I was invited to for a school. I had shown them at shows I paid to be in and got nothing at the lower price. It's that whole precieved value thing that I'll never understand on the consumers part. It seems that at $20 they are cute and gimmicky or something at $40 they are a fine gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom