I got ambitious

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fibonacci

Fibonacci

I got ambitious this week and put together a decent set of pens.

I now have 11 to sell, so I plan on getting my etsy shop set up and see if I can get any money back out of this hobby.

The first one was a blank labeled African Blackwood, but it doesn't look anything like the other African Blackwood I have turned. It is more brown than I have seen in the past.

The fairy princess is pink metallic on one side and purple metallic on the other. I am not sure where I got it, but it looks very girly to me.

The holly turned like a dream. I didn't need to sand it at all. Unfortunately, I put it in a pen case and now it has a black stripe down one side where it rubbed against the case while I was putting it in and out.

I picked up this piece of leopardwood on a whim, but I am really glad I did. It looks really nice. Everyone is amazed that it is actual real wood that grows that way.

Finally a plain segmented stripe blank. Simple, clean, fun.

I plan on doing more experimenting with various kinds of segmenting now. I have one gluing up that is the other half of the "african blackwood" piece above with a couple of stripes of cherry burl segmented in.

Attachments

• blackwood.jpg
    blackwood.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 158
  • fairy_princess.jpg
    fairy_princess.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 159
  • holly.jpg
    holly.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 145
  • leopardwood.jpg
    leopardwood.jpg