I finally pulled it off!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I've been seeing all these great abalone pens lately and I really wanted to try and make a blank that had that same look to it. Man was I happy after I turned off the outer layer of this one! I reverse painted it black and put it on a Rhodium/Blk Ti Jr. Statesman. The only down side is that my camera messed up while taking pics so I don't have all the sides and angles I usually post. I've got my old camera charging so we'll see how that works. Thanks for looking!

100_4524618x700.jpg
100_4529662x700.jpg

A couple closeups:

100_4526700x647.jpg
100_4527700x607.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

So much better on the big screen! I think I'll take 5 of these blanks please :biggrin: Wow, just :eek: Wow! Jonathon...you're doing amazing work in your shop. I have to wonder...what is the most someone has sold a pen for using your blanks? Something like this would be crazy unique and push for a grip of cash with a nice nib...I wonder?

JF36

That is my favorite one yet. You continue to impress me with every picture you post of your blanks. Someday I hope to be as good of a caster as you. Keep up the good work.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone! Luckily there wasn't enough purple in the blank for my wife to call dibs :rolleyes:. We'll see if someone statches it up sooner or later.

Yeah the cap got most of the action but now I have an idea on how to get it full length. The pigments I used don't like to set like normal so timing is tricky!

Jonathan: You did yourself proud. Do you give lessons??? :)

I've been known to give a lesson or two :wink: However, some stuff I have to keep for myself since I turned this into my day job :biggrin:. Although I'm always up for a plane ride...

So much better on the big screen! I think I'll take 5 of these blanks please :biggrin: Wow, just :eek: Wow! Jonathon...you're doing amazing work in your shop. I have to wonder...what is the most someone has sold a pen for using your blanks? Something like this would be crazy unique and push for a grip of cash with a nice nib...I wonder?

Thanks Tim, yeah that pic I sent you earlier was before I even finished turning. I peeled off that top layer and just had to show someone :tongue: I too would like to know what kind of premium some folks sell them for. Even more, I'm curious if customers pick them out over other acrylics at shows and whatnot. I've never done a show so I have no clue myself

wiset1

Well Jonathon, I've had 518 viewings of your pens on my Flickr site and had 679 viewings of your blanks in my IAP gallery for a total of 1197 viewings for just your blanks! This is just me...all the others add up as well so imagine the interest would be huge on the open market. It would be interesting to do a thread asking to see who sold the most expensive pen with one of your blanks...hummmm?:biggrin:

firewhatfire

I can see why that ugly thing broke your camera. Why woud anyone post something like that.

It should have been boxed up and sent to me to hide in a box here somewhere. That way I would be the only one having to look at that pityful thing.

Or I like it alot:biggrin:

cant tell which of those two things I should post.:wink:

pianomanpj

Wow, Jonathon! You did an AMAZING job on that, my friend! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And like SOOOOO many others before me, I'm gonna have to get me some of those!!

It's getting to the point where I oughtta set up a joint savings account with you so I can put money in, you take it out, and I get the blanks! :wink::tongue:

Top Bottom