I feel like this is one of my better ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

309405_203177179742355_100001502242963_534421_1616408_n.jpg

I think this may be one of the best pens I've turned in a while. I experimented with turning Sierra bushings backwards to make a thicker pen. It also made the Centerband easier, too. Brooks803 blank, and it was just red and white on the outside. The awesome orange burst was a VERY pleasant surprise. Black PR centerband and black chrome Slimline kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bnoles

Not sure you can claim this the best as I have seen some mighty fine pens come from your lathe, but I must say that this one is certainly extremely stunning.

I always enjoy seeing your pens, they are a style and form that really attract my attention and your finishes are fantastic. Those center bands are always the star of the show as well.

Nice work!!!!

Drstrangefart

Not sure you can claim this the best as I have seen some mighty fine pens come from your lathe, but I must say that this one is certainly extremely stunning.

I always enjoy seeing your pens, they are a style and form that really attract my attention and your finishes are fantastic. Those center bands are always the star of the show as well.

Nice work!!!!

Much appreciated. This one is just holding my attention. It REALLY suits my tastes. If I get my hands on some casting stuff, I wanna combine that explosve orange with white swirls. That orange spot has insane depth and light refraction.

arw01

This is a nice looking pen, good heft to it, and you did a nice job on the center band.

I would like to see less taper in the clip end. Come further fatter and roll off faster to the clip piece itself. I've never tried to make a new replacement for the very end of a pen yet, but that would be a good step for your next level of penmankingmaship!

Alan

Drstrangefart

This is a nice looking pen, good heft to it, and you did a nice job on the center band.

I would like to see less taper in the clip end. Come further fatter and roll off faster to the clip piece itself. I've never tried to make a new replacement for the very end of a pen yet, but that would be a good step for your next level of penmankingmaship!

Alan

I will need to learn how to use some smaller tools to make the taper at the clip any shorter and steeper. I like getting the shape on these. Makes the humble Slimline shine.

Top Bottom