"I don't need your Civil War"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Andrew Arndts

Andrew Arndts

Because I have one of my own... I do however need a better camera

Gun Metal with Black walnut with Tru-Oil Gun stock finish. and two coats of Hut PPP brown buffed with 000 steel wool.

cw1.jpg

cw2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

If I could just see the pen well, I think it would be very good. However, the photos look like what I see in the morning before I find my glasses. You are correct, there are two of something.:) A new camera might help but it looks like the camera had been in a cool place and not allowed to warm up before teh photo was taken. Condensation on the lens will cause that exact condition with a photo, even on a Nikon.:eek:
Respectfully submitted
Charles

Muggsy1776

Gun stock finish- nice touch. I made one of those for myself and also went with the walnut to copy the original stocks of the muskets. Make a bunch of those and head over to Jackson for the big Civil War reenactment and I bet you'll sell every one.

Andrew Arndts

Gun stock finish- nice touch. I made one of those for myself and also went with the walnut to copy the original stocks of the muskets. Make a bunch of those and head over to Jackson for the big Civil War reenactment and I bet you'll sell every one.

Yes the Muster in Jackson is a good venue. Have you ever been to the living history expo in Kalamazoo? (http://www.kalamazooshow.com/) I have only attended as a patron, I think this year when I do attend, will be to really pump the vendors for info. might throw up a table for 2012

Andrew Arndts

If I could just see the pen well, I think it would be very good. However, the photos look like what I see in the morning before I find my glasses. You are correct, there are two of something.:) A new camera might help but it looks like the camera had been in a cool place and not allowed to warm up before teh photo was taken. Condensation on the lens will cause that exact condition with a photo, even on a Nikon.:eek:
Respectfully submitted
Charles

well it was taken with my camera phone... might have had a finger print on the lens.

Muggsy1776

Have I been to Kalamazoo? Oh boy.. i've spent a lot of money at Kalamazoo. It is (or at least was) a hard show to get into, there was a waiting list and if you miss one year you're out and on the list to get back in. Somewhere on a table at that show is my next flintlock rifle- I know who has it, I know what I want it to look like, I just need the money! I really need to start selling more pens... LOL.

bitshird

Have I been to Kalamazoo? Oh boy.. i've spent a lot of money at Kalamazoo. It is (or at least was) a hard show to get into, there was a waiting list and if you miss one year you're out and on the list to get back in. Somewhere on a table at that show is my next flintlock rifle- I know who has it, I know what I want it to look like, I just need the money! I really need to start selling more pens... LOL.

If you find any old trashy Hershel House's guns on the cheap let me know, I do sort of covet his work, Never owned one but was fortunate enough to fire on several times at Friendship Indiana.

Andrew Arndts

I have never owned a Flint. I currently own a .50 cal TC Hawken, and .36cal Seneca. What I would like to have is a .50 cal in a 1-66" twist.. yeah I like the patched round ball, just to irritate the one person that misses with the latest inline with high power rifle ballistics.:tongue:

I do want to get a couple of flint lock pistols though.

Top Bottom