And I don't have any more of this...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
SOmething different from the outfit in England that makes alternative ivory... alternative jade.. from the only sample they sent that was big enough to make a pen out of.... I will be ordering more of this in the future.... turns and polishes beautifully.... The pictures do not do it justice... 3 views of the same pen..

TN Gold Jr Gent Fountain Pen....
200598172957_AlternativeJade.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />great looking pen. What is the alternative material made out of?

It is some form of acrylic... real interesting stuff... I have used some of the samples for cabochons... when I get some extra cash I am going to order some.. it ain't all that cheap... especially with shipping from England... there is a company in the states that supposedly carries it, but I have called and spoken to them about 6 times asking for a catalog and prices and am still waiting after 8 months... the outfit in England sent me samples within a week.... guess who I am going to do business with..

vick

Looks really nice Tom. I think the material is begging to have some Asain style laser engraving on it, maybe a dragon?

Turnitall

Very classy, will you be selling this material. I doubt I could do as well with it. but would like to try some. how much is it.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Here is the link Tom..... It really does not give much info... you need to email them... they are good at getting back to you...

http://www.gpsagencies.co.uk/

Czarcastic

Originally posted by mick
<br />Tom, I keep lookin and lookin for the drooling icon....we need one.
Great looking pen

Mick:
Try, this:
38.gif
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/38.gif

Tom:
Great looking material! I really like Vick's idea of an Asian-themed laser engraving.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OK, just got off the phone with Ken Nelson, he is going to see what he has that will work with that pen..... which BTW is going to the Hospital fund....

JHFerrell

You guys may have discovered this already but the company over in England is actually owned by Mase Craft Supply out of Connecticut. Their web site is masecraftsupply.com. Doesn't look like you can buy online but there is contact information. Looks like they have some pretty nice stuff.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JHFerrell
<br />You guys may have discovered this already but the company over in England is actually owned by Mase Craft Supply out of Connecticut. Their web site is masecraftsupply.com. Doesn't look like you can buy online but there is contact information. Looks like they have some pretty nice stuff.
Yes, we know... only problem is trying to get any information from them.... I have called them 4 times over the last 6-7 months and still waiting for a catalog and price sheet... they promised to send one today... I don't think I want to hang waiting.. [:(!][:(!]

atvrules1

That is neat material, and of course the execution is wonderful. I also like the idea of a laser dragon on it. Thanks for sharing the source, we'll have to try some of it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom