I could have shot myself

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Here my first PSI Bullet Cartridge Click kit with a panga panga blank (both from Woodcraft) The panga panga turns really nice and take a nice finish. I sanded from 150 to 12000 mm and finished with WTF 4 coats that sanded that 4000 mm. 6 more coats the sanded from 8000 to 12000 mm. I could have shot myself when I was assembling the pen the plunger spring fell out of my hand and on to our carpet and it took for ever to find it. Any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Way to much finish work Dan!!! Can you accomplish the same result with fewer steps? I have a cow magnet on a cable for just those moments...cheap insurance! Looks from here!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Jim at this point I'm just trying different ways of applying WTF. It seams I get a higher gloss with the way I did with this pen. it doesn't take all that much time. As for sanding I always go form 150 to 12000

hard hat

Good work dan. You may be the first to say they like panga panga. I made some stuff from it and swore it of forever. But since then I've moved forward a lot and may give it another try.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the great comments. Evelyn picked out the and the blank when we were there this past Saturday. I hope you do give panga panga another try hard hat. I did notice a bit of a funny order from the wood when I was trimming the blank.

wildbill23c

Banned
Looks great. Funny you posted this, I just made my first one of these styles this afternoon. I don't have the sanding pads to go higher than 1000 grit, but so far the 1000 grit seems to turn out pretty well for me at least.

OZturner

Great Job Dan,
Did you find out why the spring, sprung, or was it while you were assembling the Pen?
What a great example of the "Dan" Fit and Finish.
That's a great offer that Mike navycop has made you.
I would grab it quick smart.
Another Pen style conquest for you.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for the nice comments. Charlie_W the wood as hard/dense. Mike I'm thinking it might be a good idea to learn to make a real bullet pen. Brian I lost the spring while I was assembling the pen.

Top Bottom