I could have been beautiful......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

toolcrazy

Undersized bushings, oval lower tube and a fitting that wouldn't go in straight, ruined this pen. The main body on the nib end has two nice cracks in it and it is under turned, I need to throw out those bushings. Hummm, there is nothing nice about cracks. Winpooh498 DPR #1030. I wish I had more. Chrome Sedona. But I just had to show off the beautiful blank.

Attachments

• could_have_been.jpg
    could_have_been.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Beautiful blank. Would not have seen the problems if you had not mentioned them! Oh, well you have that new metal lathe to make yourself good bushing on.

toolcrazy

The blank is beautiful. I can't see to much wrong with the pen. It looks good from here. What is the blank called?

Doesn't have a name. She just uses numbers. DPR #1030. It is just a home brew by winpooh498.

that is a nice looking blank...sorry your bushing didn't work out too well for you

This was an older well used set. I have a newer set, forgot I had them. And I get lazy and not use calipers. When I get a hold of some bar stock, I will whip up a good set on my metal lathe.

mrburls

could have been beautiful

Cool looking pen. Doesn't that just make you scratch your head. Your turning and something happens, then something else goes wrong. And you wonder why this one!!!! But we just go on turning better pens. Keith

Top Bottom