I can do closed end!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

This is for me.. I just can't seem to sell closed end pens unless they are Emperors,Lotus or Imperials...maybe its because I'm not a fan of them. So I decided to make me one that would be special to me and use it. About a year ago Bruce Robbins sent me two KoKo clips for a pen that I wanted to do of Jeff Powell's, it just didn't work out on that blank and I had forgotten all about the clips until today. The nib will be changed to one of Lou's F/s nibs, the blank is one of Dawn's and the Alt. Ivory of course came from Ed. A very special thanks to Bruce, the clip is awesome...
IMG_1632-1.jpg

IMG_1631-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stolicky

I'm not sure that I like the white ends, although I'd have to think for a while what another option would be.

I really like everything else, especially the clip! That is really cool.

cnirenberg

Roy,
What a great combo. I am diggin the black/alt ivory. The clip is fantastic, overall it is a winner. Me thinks a candidate for the home page?

Coysquibbly

Nice looking pen. If I had a pen like that, I would quickly become a fan of closed end pens. Nice work.

Speaking of lotus pens, Is there anywhere in this hemisphere that you can buy the lotus kit. Preferably in a roller ball.

Kevin

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You sure can turn a nice pen. I have to agree that although Jeff's koko blanks are superb, they really don't go with the clip. I do credit him with the original idea. Today I would make the clip a little thinner, but for sure this works. I always wondered how one of my clips would look on someone else's pen and now I know. Thanks for making and posting this.

OKLAHOMAN

Thank all for your comments, Bruce it's your fault, now I have the other clip left and Diane wants a NON KIT pen made.... ebonite and casein......Sheesh!!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I love the colour combo and think the small step between them is a nice touch too. Like you, I'm taking forever to come up with a pen that will suit the clip that Bruce made for me. My problem is that I love my clip so much that I have worn it as a lapel badge and as a cap badge and think it deserves more than just a pen:biggrin:

Attachments

• Ratty.jpg
    Ratty.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 102

workinforwood

That's really great Roy! I didn't know your Koko blank didn't work out or you know I would have replaced it. I have the same issues with closed end pens and sales too. Recently I was even deducted points in a competition because the judges couldn't post the cap. Have a great Christmas!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeff, I didn't think he meant that there was a problem with the blank, just that it didn't match the clip:wink:

Who was the dufus that mad HIM a judge....what a knucklehead! Some would kill for one of your closed end pens!

That's really great Roy! I didn't know your Koko blank didn't work out or you know I would have replaced it. I have the same issues with closed end pens and sales too. Recently I was even deducted points in a competition because the judges couldn't post the cap. Have a great Christmas!

OKLAHOMAN

Jeff, I didn't think he meant that there was a problem with the blank, just that it didn't match the clip:wink:

Jeff, Skippy's right, the clip and blank just didn't go together, and Skip your right Bruces clips are jewerly and could be worn but that rat clip would look awesome on one of your creations.:wink:

Top Bottom