I braved the heat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

to get this request done. One of my customers asked if I could do a pen in Washington Deadskins... er, I mean Redskins colors and with all the kindness I could muster this diehard Cowboys fan replied through smiling and gritting teeth, "Why, yes, I believe I can." Anyway, looking at the casting I was afraid that the gold looked too green, but I got the maroon just about perfect. Wouldn't you know it, the color I was worried about turned out great and the one I thought I nailed is just almost too fuchsia (Can a guy say fuchsia?). I don't know why, but this is the first photo I've taken that doesn't show the color the way it looks in hand. Just trust me, the maroon is too red. However, the gold is spot on.

Side note: I always try to let the blank tell me what it wants to look like and this was no exception. In fact, it was quite adamant about it.
2006843422_perfectUG_maroongoldPR.jpg

Jim (JimGo), the gold even has that textured look of the light blue and white PR you made for me for the Tarheels alumn.

Thanks for taking the time to look and as always, feel free to hammer away.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thanks, Bruce. I didn't think about bloodwood, but I did think about Padauk since every one I've done so far turned maroon. I also thought about Osage Orange, but I know it turns so that was out. I considered yellowheart, but I wasn't sure of the colorfastness of the yellow heart. So I went to PR. Besides, she wanted resin because that's what she had seen.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Beautiful pen, Billy! I'm not much for the Redskins either, but this is really nice.

John, buy the Perfect Fit kit! It has the best mechanism I have ever used in a twist pen.

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! John, I agree with Cav 100%. It's probably my favorite of the ballpoints.

My question then becomes, "If the Schmidt twist mechanism is so much better than the others we use, why don't all of the Parker refill models use this mechanism?"[?]

JimGo

Very nicely done Billy! Color matching is a pain, isn't it? [:D] I like the angled look; did you pour it that way, or is that a glue-up?

alamocdc

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Very nice Billy. Only thing I am not too excited about is the waist on the top. Is that for the clip?
No, Dario, it's not for the clip. It's what the blank told me it wanted to look like and I really had no choice in the matter. [;)]And there are actually two of them. One just doesn't show up as well in the photo, but is fairly prominent in hand. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it really doesn't look bad.

BigRob777

Hi there Billy,
I'm back, and it looks like you are too.[:D] No, a real man can't say fuschia. It's gotta be cranberry wine, with a hint of orange sorbet. LOL I think my testosterone level just dropped. BTW, nice pen. I like the way you blended the colors (diagonally).
Rob
PS If you don't want to get in trouble with your better 1/3, don't look at my latest special. That's what my wife and I call her, though she really isn't that heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom