I blame Jgrden for this...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fibonacci

Fibonacci

Back when I was getting started turning, John sent me a bag of random bits of "worthless" antler that was too small to make pens.

After destroying a couple pieces and hurting myself, I put the rest of the bag on a shelf and forgot about it. I found it yesterday while I was doing some casting and decided to try doing a worthless antler casting.

I am sure someone has done this before and better, but I am reasonably happy with the result.

Attachments

• w_antler_1.JPG
    w_antler_1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 241
  • w_antler_2.JPG
    w_antler_2.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 285
  • w_antler_3.JPG
    w_antler_3.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 261
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

Nice! I really think I'm going to have to make a trip to Ridgecrest soon. My sister who lives there is talking about hosting Thanksgiving this year. Maybe I'll have to swing by and finally meet you.

Fibonacci

Nice! I really think I'm going to have to make a trip to Ridgecrest soon. My sister who lives there is talking about hosting Thanksgiving this year. Maybe I'll have to swing by and finally meet you.

Sounds good to me. You can check out my ghetto tool while you are here. That is what I have been using for the antler and other harder materials.

edicehouse

Wow that was a great idea! The only thing I think is the color of the poly does not click (for me). I bet it is just the picture is not showing how awesome the pen actually looks.

Jgrden

EH, EH. someone is coming to Ridgecrest to enjoy Thanksgiving?? Should they stop by Randsberg to do a little shopping first?? You did a great job on the antler. Very nice pens that will tell the buyer that it is truly antler. WOW !! Want more ???

Top Bottom