I was asked to post this so - here goes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hubert H

Hubert H

This pen body was made using black walnut and the inside out turning method. The center tube is brass with Birdseye maple turned down to 15/32"s around it. The cap and the nib both are made using Birdseye maple with black walnut accents. A transmission from the Nevus pen parts was used. The pen has a Parker type refill. This picture was taken by Patricia Lawson.

Attachments

• image-jpeg-attachment.jpeg
    image-jpeg-attachment.jpeg
    605.2 KB · Views: 787
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice !! Interesting design. Are there other posts describing the inside out method ? I'd like to give it a try.

jttheclockman

Now that is some thinking outside the box. We need to see more things like this. A lot of possibilities with that type design. Thanks for showing. Good job.

Hubert H

Christopher,

Be a long time before I would agree with that statement. I do however like seeing things other turners have done.

HWH

jttheclockman

Thank you

Well now you do not hide those details. You celebrate them. That is a worthwhile accomplishment. Congrads on the acceptance. We need to see more exciting things such as this. This gives us mere mortals ssomething to strive for. As I said there are so many more possibilities that can come from this design. Again job well done and congrads for the award and to post it during the Bash makes it even better. Pen making is alive.

OZturner

Brilliant Concept and Exercution Hubert.
The Kitless Pen, with Terrific Inside/Outside Turning.
Excellent Timber Choices and Contrast with Segmented Ends.
Great Fit and Finish.
A Worthy and Successful Submission Pen.
Congratulations,
Brian.

JimB

The local turning club had someone demonstrate the technique a few years ago but I never would have considered it for a pen. That's very impressive creativity and turning.

Top Bottom