I am not a painter or artist..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hanau

hanau

I had the urge to try something different.
Someone mention a lighthouse to me and all of the sudden I got the urge to paint a light house on a tube and cast it.

Only problem I can not paint, so off to Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon to get some paint and brushes.

Now I don't know anything about painting.So I dove right end and think I am stilling in the finger painting category but it was fun and something different.

Painted with acrylics finished with CA glue than cast in PR.

I call it my Folk Art Lighthouse.

photobucket-29648-1344961942794.jpg

photobucket-26004-1344961991669.jpg

photobucket-27289-1344962030202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I like the folk art look to it. i'd have to get my daughter to do the painting for me -- I don't think I'd even be this good on my first try. Good job!

A couple of questions for you -- do you need to base a base coat (i.e., primer) on first? Do you need to finish with CA before clear casting?

That's actually pretty cool. Like Juteck, I really like the "unrefined" look of it. It makes me smile. Many of the painted tubes are awe inspiring. Yours just makes me smile. That's also a good thing in my book.

hanau

I like the folk art look to it. i'd have to get my daughter to do the painting for me -- I don't think I'd even be this good on my first try. Good job!

A couple of questions for you -- do you need to base a base coat (i.e., primer) on first? Do you need to finish with CA before clear casting?

I used a white sierra tube from woodcraft Then I kinda of sketch what I was trying to paint
Painted it, put a CA coat on it before casting. I was worried that the colors would of run.
Casted it, then turned it, then buffed it out.

This is my first try at it no practiced just painted it and cast it.

It was real relaxing to do. I do another one when I get a day off again.

Thanls everyone for the comments

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I like it! It's kinda like a send it to school with your little kids, if you have little kids, as a gift for the teacher. Of course I'm thinking how teachers would have appreciated something like that back in the 50's :) :) Nicely done, and the c/sc Elegant Sierra stayed with the theme!

PaulDoug

Heck, I really like it, don't cut yourself short. If I tried to paint on a small tube like that it surely wouldn't look that good. That cannot be easy!

Top Bottom