I am knot messing around!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

toolcrazy

I wasn't when I made this pen. I sold a Koa pen to a customer and he wants a pen that was slightly diffrent from the one he bought for his wife. So, I decided to brake out my knot jigs and whip this one up. This was fun to do as I haven't done one in a long time. I really need to do more.

Hawaiian Koa with a Maple Knot.

Attachments

• IMGP1404.jpg
    IMGP1404.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMGP1405.jpg
    IMGP1405.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

OK, OK, OK! We've all had our FUN! Aren't we ALL ASHAMED of goofing on Steve's thread?

KNOT!

Sorry, Steve! I just couldn't help it. It's kinda a "pull my finger" kind of moment.

EarlD

I'm knot ashamed! One more knot joke will knot be too many! BTW, you made some really nice knot pens. I'd like to see pics of your knot jig also.

Drstrangefart

I'm to be all serious and KNOT make any jokes. The pen looks good, KNOT a bad call. My table saw is KNOT stable enough to cut those right, so I can appreciate what you got done.

Rick P

Nice can't wait till I learn how to make them

If you haven't visited the IAP library do so! Couple of great articles on Knots as well as several other techniques. Really helpful for me when I first joined the forum and I still use it frequently as a resource.

Very nice pen BTW!

toolcrazy

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

And I am knot going to make a knot joke. ;)

My jigs are very rough. But, they get the job done. The most important is cutting the insert pieces the same width of your saw blade.

Top Bottom