I ain't no Eagle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bonsaibill

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsaibill

More like a slightly wounded hawk. Other than the picture being terrible and the cross a little crooked......well, the Koa was really nice!

20061250526_Copy%20of%20cross%20koa_edited.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Heck just tell everyone you did that on purpose to prove that it is handmade.
I have been working on that line since all of the ones I make seem to lean a little----heheheh
Nice job on the shape

bonsaibill

The pen has a high gloss finish in person (CA through 12000). The picture is a scan.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
After viewing this last night I was a little apprehensive to make any comment a about it.I can only imagine your feelings when you realized the the cross was going to come out off the center line.
YOu proved the concept,all that is needed is to fine tune the execution. What I was impressed with is the fit of the inlay in the pocket.There is no visable "fill material"That requires attention to detail.It is not easy doing a "round" anything making 2 mating pieces that are symmetrical is even tougher.
I applaud you on the amount of work you put into this pen.
I have a guess how you made the inlay and if I am correct it is a lot of work.
You remark about the cross being a little crooked leads me to believe it wasn't intentional.
If that is the case you have discovered the secret in making patterened blanks.
I don't believe you intentionally glued the inlay in askew. That would lead me to think that the problem arose when you drilled the blank.
We turn our pens from the "outside in" but a patterened blank is made from the "center out".Once center is established everything "revolves" from those points and that line.
Was the blank straight and square when you drilled it?
When do we see the next one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom