I actually made a pen again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

I know, strange as it may seem, I do occasionally make something other than wisecracks and trouble. This one is for a good friend of mine, and very talented woodcarver, and turner, who just doesn't like doing small work. He bought 3 or 4 pens from me before Christmas for presents, and I asked which one he was keeping. He said that the wife had already designated the recipients for all of them, and that he was not one of them. So, I decided to do one for him. He specified the ribbon and supplied me with a scan of the citation, but don't know what i'm doing with them. I hope he likes it.

The box was designed to look like a 105mm howitzer shell crate, and left unsanded and unfinished on purpose. the label is from a box of 30 cal GI surplus ammo (as are the casings the pen is made from). I had asked if he had carried either a thunder lizard or a SAW in-country, but being an ossifer, I think he just carried a pistol.
Anyway, here's what I came up with, let me know what you think. Oh, and my photo tent is stored away, so the pics are the best I could do on the fly.

Attachments

• PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 196
  • PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

That's very nice. The box is great also. Very well thought out.

Is the ribbon a decal or cast? I remembersometime back, couple years someone cast ribbons in blanks, was that you maybe? There is even a tutorial on it somewhere.

Top Bottom