Hybrid segmented Art Deco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalepenkala

Dalepenkala

This pen I had many issues with! It started out great with the top cap barrel. The pen barrel blew up on me when I started turning it. I just set it aside to figure out what I was going to do with it. (this pen took me 2 months to finally get finished)I didn't have any more of the rosewood with the lighter color in the center band area to make another blank so I kinda come up with this idea.
I took some of the left over blank material and added some wildhorse jasper tru-stone to the ends. The redish browns in the tru-stone I think work quit well with the 2 rosewoods.

I used 20 coats of CA finish with the standard sanding and polishing techniques then buffing with carnauba wax.

The rosewoods are Brazilian, and East Indian.

Please give me your thoughts on this combination. I really think its a very interesting pen but then part of me says boy would anyone buy this. Its definitely a unique one of a kind.

Attachments

• DSC_0002_01.jpg
    DSC_0002_01.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_0003_02.jpg
    DSC_0003_02.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Dalepenkala

Thanks guys! I was hoping that the lower barrel didn't look to tacky with the cap not having the tru-stone ends on it. That was my concern with doing it that way. I guess worst case scenario I have myself a new pen!

Last edited:
Top Bottom