Hunting Theme

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ones

Here is a aluminum arrow pencil and my first antler pen, a navigator. Pen holder from the same piece of antler and base from cedar.

200811311742_9208.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Both pens are very nice. Using the rest of the antler as a pen holder was a very good idea.
Keep up the great work.

England14

Nice pens. I have been thinking about an arrow/antler pen. Antler and arrow that killed the deer. [?]
Nice use of scrap antler. How did you drill the hole for the pen to rest in? Your post has given me several ideals thanks for posting!

ones

Drilling was a challange. I did not use a vise. Started with a dremel tool for a pilot hole. I then used the drill press to hold the bit and turned the antler. Used 2 different sizes to drill it out. The cedar offsets the terrible smell of turning the antler!
I like the idea of hunting in flip flops, it would be great in warm weather![:)]

ken69912001

I too like what you have done with the antler base. Great job on both pens.
By the way I just noticed that you live in Stanford Ill. Not to very long ago I had lived in Minier. I actually grew up and spent all my live in and around Bloomington.Then I moved to Indiana 4 years ago. I still get back often to visit friends and family

ones

Dale, its the same pen I showed you the other day. 2 more gallons of pr are on the way. Casting will resume.
Ken get ahold of me if you are in the area. We can talk pens. Dale and I got together the other weekend. We had a good time talking about our addiction!
The midwest penturning gathering is in the near future, maybe we could all meet there.
[:)]

ones

Dale, maybe not, it's past my bedtime! It's not that i'm getting old or losing my memory, or losing my memory!
Went to Harbor Freight and got a service cart, $24, just about my price! I'll be using it for casting. Hope this weather improves, we can do some special mixes from the garage![:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom