The Hunter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

Made a batch of shell casing pens today. This one is orange dyed curly maple with 308 segments. I think this may be a good seller. The other one is Kingwood.
ht09-1-10_editedMedium.jpg

ht09-1-09_editedMedium.jpg

comments welcomed, thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

splinter99

Chris63..I put them in a chuck on the lathe to hold them, then use a high speed air cut off tool (about $7.00 at Harbor freight) I also have used an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Then I put the segment back in the chuck with the cut side out, and with the lathe running, use a file to clean and square it up

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hey! I like those pens! I'm geerally not fond of pens that use casings. But, geez! these two are classy.

DennisM

Beautiful pens! I am not a big fan of shell casings pens, because most have always looks just unbalanced in my mind, BUT that split casing is perfect! if oyu want to ever sell a couple kits like that, let me know..

its_virgil

You've made a couple of nice pens, and shown us pictures. I'll bet you've made more than a couple. Nice work and thanks for sharing. One other comment, loose the kit "nib" and add a real bullet for a look that is hard to beat for a shell case/bullet pen. Thanks again for adding to the forum and keep up the good work.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Made a batch of shell casing pens today. This one is orange dyed curly maple with 308 segments. I think this may be a good seller. The other one is Kingwood.

comments welcomed, thanks for looking

Top Bottom