Huanghuali Jr. Emperor with ghost face

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Huanghuali blank from Dave at Rarestwood. Has a beautiful ghost face figure in cap. Also has a darker shade of color. A top grade blank, thanks Dave.
Got this one awhile back and was afraid to turn beings blank had been already turned down some. Could'nt get a full Emperor pen from blank and barely got a Jr. Emperor. I thought for sure blank was going to blow apart while drilling cap. Carefully drill on lathe with Colt 5 star bits (which do work great). When I put Johnnycnc's bushings on blank they were even with blank already. Thought man what am I going to do now. So sanded below bushings slightly and built up with CA finish.
I think it turned out great and am proud of this one :biggrin: Was so glad when it was all completed.
Not sure I if I even want to sell this one or what I would even ask for such a pen.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• DSCN3188.jpg
    DSCN3188.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN3193.jpg
    DSCN3193.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCN3200.jpg
    DSCN3200.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 348
  • DSCN3202.jpg
    DSCN3202.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 270
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DustyDenim

That is one beautiful pen Keith. If you are still worried about whether to keep it or sell it, just give it to me and I will keep it in storage for you.

Rarest wood

nice work managing to extract a pen out of a small piece of material I have gone over to using a metalworking lathe to be more efficient perhaps raising the light levels on the photos will bring the figure out more great job!:biggrin:

Top Bottom