HRB Sceptre

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reiddog1

reiddog1

Hello folks,

My first Broadwell in HRB finished with about 12 coats of CA. As always comments and suggestions are welcomed.

- Dave

Attachments

• HRB Sceptre.jpg
    HRB Sceptre.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 298
  • HRB Sceptre2.jpg
    HRB Sceptre2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 242
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great looking Pen Dave,
Spectacular Blank, Fit and Finish Superb.
This is the first Broadwell I have seen, a very interesting kit.
I presume that the cap is straight.
From the 1st Photo it looks like it is tapered, though it is probably as the cap is closer to the camera.
I would prefer a plain background to suit such a fancy pen, the shrubs, soil and your hand all take attention away from the Pen.
Looks like you have a winner.
Congratulations,
Brian.

robutacion

Hello folks,

My first Broadwell in HRB finished with about 12 coats of CA. As always comments and suggestions are welcomed.

- Dave

I may be wrong but, from the pics, I see and acrylic cast blank, with an interesting colour and swirls that go very well with the wood and kit, isn't it...???

Great execution and finish, congrats

Cheers
George

reiddog1

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Enjoyed turning the pen very much.

Great looking Pen Dave,
Spectacular Blank, Fit and Finish Superb.
This is the first Broadwell I have seen, a very interesting kit.
I presume that the cap is straight.
From the 1st Photo it looks like it is tapered, though it is probably as the cap is closer to the camera.
I would prefer a plain background to suit such a fancy pen, the shrubs, soil and your hand all take attention away from the Pen.
Looks like you have a winner.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thanks Brian. I recently moved to Florida from Louisiana, and my photo tent unfortunately didn't survive. I'll be making a new one shortly.

Dave

reiddog1

I may be wrong but, from the pics, I see and acrylic cast blank, with an interesting colour and swirls that go very well with the wood and kit, isn't it...???

Cheers
George[/QUOTE]

No sir. That's all HRB with a touch of sapwood. Thanks for the compliments!!

Dave

robutacion

Cheers
George

No sir. That's all HRB with a touch of sapwood. Thanks for the compliments!!

Dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave,

There you go, I may be going blinder than what I thought...!:redface:

Before I posted my previous post, I looked and looked, probably 10 times, backs and forwards, with those 2 pics and my thoughts were, if is all HRB, that would be one of the most unusual and unique heartwood/sapwood combinations I ever saw in that wood, if is a cast, the caster made an amazing job matching the right colour and making those swirls look very "burled".

In the end, I went with what my first impression was, and that's why I wrote what I wrote, with a question mark...!

So, thank you for responding to the question and to confirm that is indeed all HRB, stunning piece it is...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom