HRB pen with sterling silver components

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from duncsuss

duncsuss

Some months ago I bought some superb Honduras Rosewood burl pen blanks for a special project. Today I finished it -- a pen made with solid sterling silver components at the request of a friend.

The components come from Silver Pen Parts ... my friend asked for a MeisterNib "medium" nib.

I made the buttons for the finials by gluing short pieces of the blank to a couple of waste blocks that were pre-turned to fit in the jaws of my scroll chuck, turned and finished them on the blocks, then parted off the amount needed to fill the recess

Attachments

• IMGP5380.jpg
    IMGP5380.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 292
  • IMGP5383.jpg
    IMGP5383.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 418
  • IMGP5384.jpg
    IMGP5384.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 314
  • IMGP5391.jpg
    IMGP5391.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 413
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Love HRB but that has gotta be one of the prettiest HRB blanks i'v seen. Awesome pen!!

Thank you :)

As the vendor who sold me the blank can attest, I was very particular -- rejected several offerings, accepted a batch based on photos but then returned then when the figure didn't look great on all 4 sides.

I didn't argue with him about the price, I simply wanted the best.

(And I've got a couple of sticks left ... :biggrin:)

duncsuss

The finial is superb.I just hope itis appreciated'

Ps can you give a rough cost on the kit

Mike The Pipe in Pangbourne by the Thames

Thanks Mike -- it's still in transit, but he's delighted by the pix.

The kit is this one -- FP6000 -- with a MeisterNib #5 medium nib. (I'm not shy, but I don't want to mislead people by giving a price here that might change.)

The HRB blank was around $20 (I got 4 pieces, not all the same length, for $75 or so.)

duncsuss

They are right that is one spectacular piece of HRB. Nice job on the pen.

Thanks Mike ... I went into this project with the belief that components like these deserve the finest wood, and wood like this deserves the finest components ... and the pressure was on me to give both the craftsmanship they deserved :eek:

firewhatfire

I just recently ordered my first couple of component sets from there also. They really do set a pen off and have a nice feel to them. I would like some nice HRB like that for a few pens. your pen looks amazing and I know what I would price it at.

duncsuss

I just recently ordered my first couple of component sets from there also. They really do set a pen off and have a nice feel to them. I would like some nice HRB like that for a few pens. your pen looks amazing and I know what I would price it at.

(hope you enjoy making the pens)

Top Bottom