HRB, Attempt at Front Page!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JBCustomPens

JBCustomPens

Hi everyone,

Here continues my eternal quest to get a pen on the front page.:biggrin:

It is a diplomat 2 in HRB. Thanks Nolan, you have awesome stuff! CA finish.

Halfway through finishing, I ran out of CA. I used my backup ca, and got better results than normal! Go figure!

Thanks for viewing and thanks even more for commenting!:)

See post #19 for better pics.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Halfway through finishing, I ran out of CA. I used my backup, and got better results than normal! Go figure!

Okay...I'll bite. What's the back-up plan?

Cause it sure seems to be working great!!!!

Scott (I only wish....) B

RAdams

Banned
good looking pen! Good luck getting on the front page! I think a few of us share that aspiration! I thought maybe i got it when i made my trustone fountain but nope. It is a tough goal to achieve i think. I have a couple of pieces of HRB ( with eyes) that are waiting for a drill bit big enough. Maybe i will get lucky then!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here continues my eternal quest to get a pen on the front page.:biggrin:
Beautiful pen.

I'd recommend a photo with an aspect ratio closer to 1:1, or at least with the longer dimension horizontal. Your photo, while sharp and bright, is nearly 2:1 vertical.

If you'll look at the Featured Photo Archive, you'll see that's the predominant layout. The pen on the front page now is an excellent example of a perfectly "posed" pen.

chriselle

The one on the front page right now was a total surprise....a nice surprise nonetheless though. Regarding your pic (nice looking pen BTW) I think the bulky stand is distracting and there is something about a pen standing up that feels un-natural to me. Just my 2 cents...:wink:

edit...I wrote this after your last post. On the one laying down a glimps of the clip would be nice and always extend the writing tip.

Last edited:

Rfturner

good luck on getting it on the front page, Maybe the one I am working on for the Pen makers guilld will make it after I make it and send it off. I will post it after I have the results from them, I am just starting it now

JBCustomPens

Ok. I want to thank Jeff for bearing with me. I now know what he was trying to say. With that, here are two more pics. These are better IMO too! Enjoy!

Last edited:

keithkarl2007

Sweet looking pen, haven't turned any of that material yet. I'm hoping that my bog oak burl pen will make it to the front page now when finished :rolleyes::rolleyes: one can always dream :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JBCustomPens

I have a question and would like some input on it. I have a couple more blanks of the HRB. Do you think that it would look better of gold, one like this one, or on a chrome color?

Also, I'd like some feedback on my photos. Specifically the ones in post #19. What can be done to improve upon them?

Btw, I'd like to say that I was just kidding round when I said Attempt At front page. Just a joke.
Thanks.

Last edited:

toolcrazy

Beautiful pen.

Just a note, Jeff has mentioned, to get on the front page, you must put your pen in the gallery with a proper and full description.

Top Bottom