How to Light a Cigar?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

I just finished this one. I really like the blank. As much of a die hard exotic burl wood fan that I am, I have found some sweet acrylics recently.

flamecigar.jpg

Here is a closeup of the bottom barrel, to get a better look at the flames.

flamecigar2.jpg

Cheers,

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

driften

You did a great job! I know I was like you and only liked wood but some of the really nice acrylics/plastics/etc sure come out nice. The funny thing is after doing a number of acrylic pens and going back to BOW or some wood and it cuts sooooo nice I wonder why I do anything other then wood... Until customers request the acrylics...

woodscavenger

Hey, is that from Anthony over there at Cave Creek Castings....I mean Cave Creek forest fire?! Look for Anthony's other active thread if you want the inside.

Awesome blank. Where is it from. It reminds me of a really cool salamander my son caught.

PenWorks

Great lookin pen James. That is really nice material.
Shane, it looks like Decora, a product made in Italy, that was available from several vendors for awhile in about 6 colors. This one looks like the tortise. The one everybody wants is the cracked ice, very hard to find. They have been discontinued, the black/white cow looking blanks are still around. CS had 12" rods of for only 2.00 a rod at the close out sale.

Fangar

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Great lookin pen James. That is really nice material.
Shane, it looks like Decora, a product made in Italy, that was available from several vendors for awhile in about 6 colors. This one looks like the tortise. The one everybody wants is the cracked ice, very hard to find. They have been discontinued, the black/white cow looking blanks are still around. CS had 12" rods of for only 2.00 a rod at the close out sale.

Great eye Anthony! You nailed it. It is the Decora in tortise. I got it from AS. I am going to order a few more. I wasn't sure I would like it until I turned it. It comes in some weird oblong, oval type rod with a straight rib down either side of it.

Thanks for all of the kind words about the pen guys.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom