This is how I've conned you all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from D.Oliver

D.Oliver

For years I've fooled you folks into thinking I was a competent penturner. Here's how I've pulled off this ruse. I get awesome blanks that practically turn themselves and then I take all the credit for it myself. Don't believe me. May I point your attention to exibits A through F.

Exibit A. Stripes blank by Invisibleman
Pen 037.jpg
Pen 038.jpg

Exibit B. Stripes blank by Invisibleman
Pen 039.jpg
Pen 040.jpg
Pen 041.jpg
Pen 042.jpg

Exibit C. Marble blanks by Invisibleman
Pen 044.jpg
Pen 046.jpg
Pen 047.jpg
Pen 048.jpg

Exibit D. Brooks803 blank
Pen 050.jpg
Pen 054.jpg
Pen 051.jpg
Pen 052.jpg

Exibit E. Brooks803 blank
Pen 064.jpg
Pen 065.jpg
Pen 067.jpg

Exibit F. Claro Walnut from Kludge77
Pen 035.jpg
Pen 036.jpg

So as you can see with the help of the afore mentioned members I have been able to fool you all into believing I knew what I was doing. The guilt kept eating at me though and I felt I had to come clean. So now you know.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc

Confession is good for the soul...

I do this also, and take credit for the good hardware/pen blank match up. Of course there is the proper squaring of the blanks and the turning, sanding and finishing that don't happen by themselves.

So, great eye for all those things you put together and create a fantastic product that looks so good. I am taking note of those members - those choices are awesome.

These blanks have just done a great job. I love them all. And also the camera did a great job on the photos. I hope you are watching and learning as this is happening.:)

walshjp17

Someone once gave me a rather humorous definition for 'expert': an 'ex' is a has Ben and a 'spurt'' is a drip under pressure :biggrin::wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom