How about a white cactus cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is a white resin cactus pen I did recently. I used a skeleton that was naturally discolored, hence the contrast. The centerband is black cactus and is actually a darned oops band! When I was inserting the tube by CA set before I was able to push it all the way in. Oh well.

2006111053833_White%20cactus.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Curtis, I hope to eventually be able to come close to the quality of your "oops" bands. Beautiful pen. I actually like it better with the contrasting center band

chigdon

I like it. I have been considering dying the cactus black and casting in clear and painting the tube white. Basically the reverse of the norm.

elody21

This is pretty cool! The blanks I cast with a loofa about 2 months ago finall dried . One of these days I'll get it turned!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Chris,

Dying the skeletons does not work! That is, unless you can come up with something different than I have. I have tried using transtint dye in an alcohol mix, transtint dye by itself, and some other wood dye a cabinet maker friend gave me. The skeletons must be too dense for the dye to penetrate. I tried red with black resin and when I made the pen I ended up with a very very slight hint of red around the edges of the skeleton but the skeleton itself was still creamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom