How about some opinions????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan

here are a few that I havent sold yet could I get some opinions from you guys that have been doing this for awhile? I did these on a Jet Pen Lathe (which I now hear is no good!!) The OAK and Cambera Slimelines are my first atempts at CA. (not sanding with MM (Cuz it just showed up tonight) the others are just sanded to 1500 then friction polish. Any coments would be welcomed (good and Bad) More in my album.
Nolan:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Hey Nolan: They look pretty good to me; but it is hard to tell for sure as the photography is a little weak.

Anyone who says the JPL is no good doesn't know what they are talking about. Certainly there are better lathes on the market and ones with more capability and features. And you can make a pretty good argument that it is overpriced for what capability you do get. On the other hand, there is no doubt that you can craft a very nice pen on the machine and that is the bottom line!!

Nolan

Thanks randy I guess I now have to learn how to take pics of them!! I finally figured out how to get my file sizes down enough to even post pics.

knottyharry

Hi Nolan,
The Jet Pen Lathe may not be as big as some of the others, but it looks like you are doing a fine job with it. And if you like it that is all that matters.
Later you may want a bigger one. But the lines look good on your pens, fit appears good, finish looks good also.
I'd say you did a darn fine job.
Harry

Scott

Hi Nolan!

Those are pretty nice pens! You're doing well! You catch that particular shape on the slimline pens pretty well. For the next step, imagine leaving out the centerband on the slimline pen, and realize you can make the center of the pen any size or shape you want. See what that does for you!

Scott.

Johnathan

I like the Euro. The Americana is a kit I really don't like and the shape you have chosen for you slimlines are not what I would have done but they look nice. I would try matching the fitings just a little more. Use the MM and get a more powerful lathe! Good start[8D]

Nolan

For the next step, imagine leaving out the centerband on the slimline pen, and realize you can make the center of the pen any size or shape you want. See what that does for you!

Thanks for advice Scott im gonna try it. Nice photos in your album!!
Nolan

its_virgil

Nice start on the pens Nolan. Give Scott's idea a try. The slimline is the most forgiving kit we have and is a good kit to express your creative talents through. The possibilities for the slimline are way beyone "slim". They are numerous. Take a look ii my slimline album to see just a little of what can be done with the slimline, the 'kit of kits". All slimline kits except one cigar: http://www.tinyurl.com/bfzac

Have fun and keep posting pictures.

do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by n4631x
<br />For the next step, imagine leaving out the centerband on the slimline pen, and realize you can make the center of the pen any size or shape you want. See what that does for you!

Thanks for advice Scott im gonna try it. Nice photos in your album!!
Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom